Whether the customers of a seven star hotel or a $ seven-star hostel are certain things that travelers should keep in mind when staying in overnight accommodation. These are our first 5 tips to stay safe and secure in a hotel environment.
1. Space to improve: If you have the option of booking a room in advance or choosing a place to stay, think of a few things.
- Which plant to stay: the general consensus is between the 2nd floor and the 6th floor. In this way, people can not easily access the windows in their room, but firefighters can reach their stairs.
- The risks of the area: are you in a hostile environment? If there is risk of FDI, pump cars or suicide firefighters think about getting a room at the back of the hotel or the opposite of where cars can drive up to # entrance Maybe even far from the area of the general lobby.
If you are not satisfied with the location of your room, ask to move to another.
2. Foc first :
This is a saying we use to remind travelers that, as soon as you arrive at your hotel, spend a few minutes to ask yourself, what happens if there is a fire or a fire another emergency?
As soon as you enter your room, put your bags in bed and get out of the room. Find the nearest fire exit and the nearest fire extinguisher, an image that reaches the darkness and count both with steps and with the number of doors between your room and these points. Maybe you should find them in the dark or when there is a blind smoke. Do not stop here, check the exit of the fire and make sure it is, in fact, a viable option. So when you're happy, come back to your room.
3. Second fire:
There was a tragic story of a whole family dying from a small fire in their home. They were sleeping with all the open doors and all the toxic fumes traveled freely for each room killing the occupants while they slept. When the firemen arrived, they only found the pet dog while it was locked in a small room of services. The door had protected the fire dog and the steamers. This story reinforces the fact that a room can protect the inhabitants from smoke and heat for a considerable time if done correctly.
The second fire is a saying that we teach our students. Once you have identified the fire outputs and go back to your room, ask again, what happens if there is a fire? If there is no escapade of the departures, this room will be your citadel, your room safe.
- Look at the window, open, what floor are you on? Can you skip If not, it's open to give it fresh air.
- How to open the door and unlock it. Is there a key? If so, leave it always in the same place.
- There is a bathroom – in case of emergency, you can fill it with water and use it to make use of the door and walls.
- If there is a fire and you can not escape then wet towels and block any void around the door.
If you travel to less developed countries or regions, think about taking portable fire alarms and carbon monoxide. Both are cheap, small and easy to use and are worth the small amount of space they occupy.
4. Double the door
The door of the hotel room is the best barrier for external risk. When in your room's interior, make sure you use all the locks provided. Do not open the door unless you are 100% sure of who you open. If there is a peephole, use it.
There are some great articles on the market that can provide a second layer of door security that they think of taking them, as they are small and inexpensive.
- Door door
- Door lock door
When leaving the room, use the doorbell, make sure there is no one outside. When you return to the room, do not assume it is safe. Most hotel room locks can be easily defeated, many people have access to the keys and it would be a mistake to assume that no one could enter. Take caution, take a quick look and then relax once you have checked and the door is closed behind you.
The head of Hamas, Al-Mabhouh, killed by Mossad in a hotel room in Dubai, committed the mistake of assuming that his hotel room was safe. Mossad uses a very simple and easy-to-use machine to decode the electronic door or the test and corded wire and cable technique that can open many doors that have the least number of spaces between the door and the ground.
It is not only intelligent services that know these tricks, many criminals and attackers have the means and the motivation to go to these lengths.
5. Complaint is a dirty word :
- If you hear an alarm, do not ignore it. Reacts quickly and uses your default output. We do not mean panic and he stays in the underwear screaming, but just make sure you react. Dress, calm down, stay calm, get ready to leave the hotel and take the key to your room, if there is a fire and there is no escape, you may need to return to In your room, close the door behind you. Try not to use the meeting point of the hotels or the emergency collection location. Sometimes the hostile will use an alarm to gather people in one place before attacking or performing a secondary attack.
- If you wake up in the middle of the night for no reason, check that, in fact, there is no reason, take a few seconds to listen, look and feel if something is wrong. If nothing goes back to sleep …
- If you see smoke or fire when in a hotel do not suppose someone has informed you. Start a fire alarm or call the hotel. Especially when you are in your room, call emergency services, do not assume that the hotel will call you. Hotels do not want to call emergency services until they have registered the incident for fear of creating a false alarm. This can cause a significant delay. There have been many stories of terror of the dead and injuries caused by these delays. Take control of the situation yourself.
- Do not assume that because you are in a hotel you are safe. If you're in an elevator and someone else comes in, you're not sure of waiting for a floor before doing so. Make sure no one follows you in your room.
The most important thing is that, with all our advice, irrational fears are not triggered, I do not think that everyone accepts. Instead of increasing your awareness, listen to the sixth sense and have the time to prepare for certain scenarios. The time spent preparing and planning is never lost, it can also mean the difference between life and death.