If you are going to Vegas and want the best price on everything from Las Vegas hotels to your rental car, you need to think vacation package. That’s right; the deals are in the bundling today. A travel package usually includes you airline ticket, Las Vegas hotel reservation and car rental.
Where to start?
First have an idea of your vacation budget and travel dates. Keep in mind that in general, the more flexible you are with your travel dates and choice of Las Vegas hotel, the more likely you’ll be to find the lowest price.
Here are the basic steps for finding that Las Vegas vacation deal:
1. Look for deals: It may take some time, but it will be worth it. Search for bargains and member discount rates. You may be entitled to discounts that you didn’t even think of like student, youth, family, senior, frequent flyer, etc.
2. Compare rates: You may think you’ve found the best rate your first go around. Chances are, there is a better one out there. Search several online travel agencies and call a local travel agent.
3. Beware of extra charges: Read the fine print so that there are no financial surprises when it comes time to pay for this vacation.
Shop from the comfort of your home
Today the world is at your fingertips. The best place to shop is truly at your computer, especially for travel deals. Visit some of your favorite and reputable travel sites today, such as Orbitz, Priceline, or Marriott, as they are pushing deals now more than ever.
Last minute vacations can save you even more money
Odd as it may sound, planning your Las Vegas vacation the last minute can save you even more money. Many companies offer very attractive last minute deals in order to fill their vacant seats. Cruise lines, airlines and Las Vegas hotels can offer these great deals.
Travel Zoo.com – You’ll find their newsletter very helpful. It offers a listing of 20 super deals every Wednesday as well as top daily deals.
Vacations To Go.com – This site has terrific “Hot Deals” and a 90-Day Ticker and Bargain Finder for cruises. An extra bonus at Vacations To Go is that most of the tour companies on this site belong to USTOA. This is an industry association whose members must post a million dollar bond to protect travelers in the event of tour company bankruptcy.
Last Minute.com – When you don’t know exactly where you want to go, LastMinute.com has a great feature. You can search from your hometown airport to any destination.
Sherman’s Travel.com – You will find this week’s top deals as well as daily best deals.
Good old newspaper
Your local Sunday newspaper if also a good place to look. Charter operators, travel agencies and tour companies with departures from your area will advertise their current hot deals in the Sunday Travel Section.
Tips and Warnings
* A terrific sounding $599 package can unexpectedly turn into a $1,000 package when additional taxes and fees are added in. So, when you compare tour prices be sure all taxes and fuel surcharges have been added in.
* If you see a deal you like, act on it fast. These deals often sell out on the day they are first advertised.
Now you are ready to shop for the best Las Vegas vacation package and enjoy one of the best vacations you’ve ever had!