Wherever and whatever you’re planning for your next vacation, you surely would want to make the most out of your time away from your usual busy life. From lazing around the poolside to camping and trekking, everyone has their own ideas of having the ultimate vacation satisfaction. And although there are a thousand ways to spend your vacation, nothing beats the excitement of going on a great sailing escapade with family and friends.
Sailing is one of the most famous vacation activities today for a lot of good different reasons. Imagine the cool breeze kissing your already tan skin and the sound of gentle lapping waves calming your mind and body. If that’s not enough, here are more reasons why you should go sailing on your next holiday vacation.
1. Sailing allows you to take your hotel with you wherever you go. You could even save more money with a yacht charter than getting a hotel room. You can share the cost of the trip with family and friends so that chartering a yacht would actually be more affordable than booking a hotel. You wouldn’t even need to worry about transportation costs from port to port.
2. Go to exciting places where only a boat can go. Sailing unlike other activities allows you to swim in crystal clear waters, explore the world underwater and relax on pristine beaches.
3. You are free to go wherever you want to go. Perhaps the best advantage of sailing is the freedom that comes with it. This is especially true when you sail on a bareboat charter. You can go to different places and stay there for as long as you want. If you don’t know how to sail, there’s no need to worry. You can charter a yacht that comes with its own competent skippers so that you can just sit back, relax and enjoy the entire trip.
4. You can be closer to nature. Watch dolphin pods play alongside your boat, experience colorful corals teeming with various fishes and walk on white sand islands that are home to a variety of birdlife. Sailing would surely guarantee close encounters with various species. So, don’t forget your goggles, binoculars and of course, your camera to capture every moment of your adventure.
5. Sailing is no longer an activity for rich people. In fact, it allows you to go on a luxury trip even on a tight budget. For example, you can save money on your meals and still have delicious, fresh and healthy foods. Most yachts come with fully equipped kitchens that will enable you to cook your own meals. You can even catch fish and then serve it for lunch. But if you want a taste of the local cuisine, you can drop by the marina and enjoy amazing delicacies at an affordable price.